30 Minute Redesign: Out of Box Pakistan
Week 71: Out of Box Pakistan
This week I will be redesigning: Out of Box Pakistan.
In the space of 5 minutes I can identify some of the key strengths and weaknesses of this design, and sketch out a mockup.
- The background header effect is eye catching and works well with the overall design.
- The color scheme is cohesive and attractive.
- Whilst it’s not strictly part of the website design, the logo design is professional and enhances the page.
- There is a good amount of white space on the page, with all the elements being padded well to avoid crowding.
- The main problem with this site is that it uses a free template. For this reason it won’t stand out or be unique at all.
- It’s hard to know what the company does. There is no welcome message, just a large logo, so visitors don’t understand the purpose of the site.
- A lot of the content in the footer feels obsolete, meaning that this space is wasted.
- There are no examples of the company’s work on the homepage or any calls to action. There isn’t much drawing the user further into the site, so many visitors will just leave.
As always, I was limited by the 30 minute time-frame, but I tried to improve upon several of Out of Box Pakistan’s features, adding a few design flourishes and a clearer layout that promoted content over wasted space:
MY AIMS FOR THE REDESIGN:
- I included a clear welcome area to help explain what the company actually does.
- I added examples of their latest work, and included a bold call to action button to draw users further into the site.
- I added an eye catching photo area to the header, setting the design apart and making it more visually interesting.
- I retained the white space, making sure that all elements were well padded.
Here is a quick comparison between the original design and my 30 minute redesign. Sure, my design could be more polished, but I believe that a lot of the basic elements have been improved upon, creating a more pleasant browsing experience.
How and Why To Enter 30 Minute Redesigns
You can have the chance to have your website redesigned in next weeks post. All you need to do is leave a comment to this post with your website address and why you think it needs a redesign.
- Most obviously – a FREE redesign job!
- Your website gets exposure to PSDFAN’s thousands of readers
- You understand how to improve your website. This isn’t just a redesign, it’s a lesson in design principles.
- You will get emailed the .psd of your redesign and can do whatever you want with it!
NOTE: I can only accept sites with English content, as foreign language websites are simply too hard for me to work with.
So please, leave a comment today for a chance to have your website redesigned next week!