Illustrator Tip: Vector Bubble
This quick Illustrator tip will teach you how to create a nice vector bubble easily in Adobe. Illustrator. It is actually very easy to draw a bubble by using Feather and some layer transparency tricks. Let’s find out how to do it.
1. First step is to draw a circle and fill it with a radial gradient from green to white at the end to achieve something like below.
2. Next we duplicate the circle and create another radial gradient. Use the gradient tool and click and drag to adjust the direction of the radial gradient to get something like below.
3. Move the second layer we just created over the top layer. Adjust Transparency to Lighten and lower the opacity.
4. Let’s move on to create the highlight at the left side. Create 2 cirles and offset the top circle like below. Open up Pathfinder and select minus from top to get something like this.
5. Apply a feather to it by going to Effect > Stylize > Feather. Set the Feather Radius to 6px. Also reduce the Transparency to 70% to give it a see through look.
6. Use the same method to add 2 circle highlight. Our vector bubble is not completed!